CHESAPEAKE PUBLIC SCHOOLS KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION EVENT
Get your child ready for school with the help of Great Bridge Rotary and Chesapeake Public Schools!
Free Food, Physicals*, Immunizations, Community Resources and more!
Oscar Smith Middle School Saturday, August 3rd
2500 Rodgers Street 10am-2pm
Chesapeake, VA 23324
Children who reside in Chesapeake and are 5 years of age on or before September 30, 2019, will be eligible to enroll in Chesapeake Public Schools for the 2019 - 2020 school year.
To register your child for school, you must bring the following items:
• An original certified State Birth Certificate or Birth Certificate Affidavit (copies of which you can obtain from Chesapeake Health Department Vital Records- 757-382-8633)
• A certificate of physical examination from a physician or health department within
one year of September 5, 2019 - If you do not have a form one will be provided.
• A copy of current shot record (If shots are needed, bring proof of insurance as applicable.)
• Proof of residency (current gas, water, or electric bill in your name) showing usage within the
last 30 days
• Custody or court order (if applicable)
SPECIAL RESIDENCY INFORMATION
In some situations, SPECIAL RESIDENCY PERMISSION must be granted before
a child may be registered with Chesapeake Public Schools.
Parents/Guardians with Special Residency issues should bring the following documentation:
• Are you a Foster parent? Please bring a custody order, placement agreement, identification
and proof of residency.
• Have you just moved and have a lease or closing disclosure, but do not have a utility bill? Please bring a copy of the signed lease agreement and identification.
• Do you have a lease with utilities included? Please bring a copy of the signed lease agreement.
• Do you live with another Chesapeake resident? Please bring identification for both the parent and homeowner and a utility bill in the homeowner’s name. The bill must be dated within the last 30 days and the homeowner must be in attendance.
• Are you requesting OUT OF ZONE APPROVAL? Please be prepared to explain your situation and reason for request.
• Do you live in a hotel, motel, or campground? Please bring a current receipt.
• Are you currently homeless? Please be prepared to explain your situation and provide
documentation of circumstance.
• Are you under Military Power of Attorney with Military Orders? Please provide power of attorney documentation, orders for deployment, and a current utility bill (in the homeowner’s name) and identification of the individual who will be serving as guardian.
FREE VACCINES FOR SCHOOL-AGED CHILDREN (K-12) WILL BE PROVIDED BY THE CHESAPEAKE HEALTH DEPARTMENT
There will be no out-of-pocket expense to parents/guardians.
Please bring the following:
• Child’s current shot record (to avoid unnecessary vaccinations)
• Child’s insurance information (if any) *administration fees are billed ONLY to the insurance,
not to the parent/guardian*.
Ask about the HPV and Meningitis vaccine (free to those who qualify)
*Physicals are on a first come, first serve basis beginning at 10:00am.
During this event, children can be enrolled in Chesapeake Public Schools, and those enrolled will receive free school supplies. Physicals and immunization for students will also be offered on a first come, first served basis at NO CHARGE beginning at 10:00 a.m. while supplies last.